- Are you concerned that your child is not getting the most from his or her public education experience?
- Do you need guidance in navigating your public school support services and understanding governing rights and laws for children with learning disabilities?
- Are you frustrated that your child is not making measurable progress?
It is a highly personal and emotional process for parents to successfully manage the public education of a child with learning disabilities. And, it requires a very strong knowledge of legal obligations of the school district as well as best practices for developing a parent organized system to keep regular track of your child’s progress
through the grades.
With empathy and expertise, Betsy Works Cooke, MEd, CAS, Educational Consultant, focuses on your child’s needs through properly identified formal assessments and their interpretations, accurate evaluation of report cards, observations and interviews. A North Shore Advocate for children with learning disabilities, Betsy works carefully with parents to pinpoint a child’s current needs while clarifying and setting goals for future “measurable progress.”
Many parents use an advocate to help them get support for their special needs children in public schools, including children with:
- Reading and Learning Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum
- Speech or Language Impairment
- Emotional Disturbance
- Hearing and Vision Impairments
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Medical Impairments
- IEP – Independent Education Plan
We provide formal professional assessments, brain training & home tutoring to address:
- Cognitive Skill Deficits (working memory, processing speed, etc.)
- Reading Disabilities
- Executive Function Disorder, etc.
- Struggles in all Subject Areas